Canker sores look like white ulcers and appear inside the lips or cheeks. They are usually painful especially when eating acidic or spicy food. Learn how to heal canker sores with natural remedies.
What are the causes of canker sores?
- High level of stress
- Anemia causing nutrient deficiencies (especially B12, folic acid and iron)
- A small injury
- Food sensitivities (acidic foods, sweets, chocolate)
Healing nutrition and supplementation
- Eat a diet rich in vitamin B
- Avoid acidic food, sugar, coffee, meats, citrus fruits
- Probiotics prevent and clear up canker sores. They can also be applied topically (soothing)
- Vitamin B12, folic acid and iron – if anemia is the cause
- Zinc supports the immune system
- Calcium alkalizes the system
- Colloidal silver is antimicrobial (can be used internally and also as a mouth wash)
How to heal canker sores with external treatments
You could do a mouth wash regularly. Use tea tree oil, licorice root tea, aloe vera juice, diluted myrrh oil, diluted horsetail, diluted Echinacea, camomile tea, or calendula tea.
Homeopathic remedies to help heal canker sores
- Arsenicum album
Please consult a homeopath to know which homeopathic remedies to use and is what potency. Homeopathy is specific to each person.
How to heal canker sores with tissue salts
- Kali mur
- Kali phos
- Nat mur
- Try to avoid stress as it can trigger canker sores
- Figure out which kind of foods could trigger a canker sore.
- Andrew Gaeddert, healing Skin Disorders, North Atlantic Books, Berkeley, California, 2003
- Louise Tenney, M.H., Today’s Herbal health, 6th edition, USA, 2007
- Phyllis A. Balch, James F. Balch, Prescription for nutritional healing, United States of America, 2000
- Siegfried Gursche, Encyclopedia of natural healing, Canada, 1997
- Thomas Bartram, Bartram’s encyclopedia of herbal medicine, The definitive guide to the herbal treatment of diseases, Grace Publishers, UK, 1995