Chicken Waterzooi is a very good alternative to red meat if you feel that red meat inflames your skin. It is a perfect dish for winter time with lots of nutrients. Choose organic chicken and vegetables if possible…
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 1 hour
- Servings: 4
Ingredients to make chicken waterzooi
- 4 chicken pieces
- 2 young leeks
- 4 carrots (to avoid if you are on a anti-candida diet)
- 2 sticks celery cut into rings
- 2 onion chopped finely
- 1 turnip
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 vegetable broth
- Water (500 ml to 1L)
- 1 glass of lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, brown the onions and half of the other vegetables gently in two spoons of olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces to this first vegetable layer.
- Add remaining vegetables, salt and pepper. Don’t mix.
- Then, mix chicken broth to water and add to the preparation.
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes and add the lemon juice at the end.
- Arrange chicken on warm serving plate and pour over the sauce with its vegetables.
- If you want thicker sauce, you could add a little bit of cream mixed with two egg folks… but doing this, you also add more fat to this recipe.