How to make raw leeks in salad? So simple! This leek salad, also called “poireaux vinaigrette” in an easy and classic french side dish. It tastes really good and is a healthy vegetarian salad. Although not as famous as onions and garlic, leeks are important vegetables for fighting against chronic low-level inflammatory states. A good source of dietary fiber, leeks also contain good amounts of folic acid, calcium, potassium, iron, vitamin K, A and C. They are easier to digest than standard onions and have laxative, antiseptic, diuretic, and anti-arthritic properties.
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Servings: 3
Raw leeks in salad: ingredients
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Raw leeks in salad: directions
- Clean the leeks; wash them very thoroughly under cold running water. If they are large, do split them lengthwise.
- Cut them in thin pieces and cook them the a steamer for about 15 minutes. You shouldn’t cook the leeks into the water. It dilutes their flavor and are then soaked in liquid. It is much better to use a steamer or a pressure cooker.
- Drain them well.
- Make your vinaigrette in a bowl with the remaining ingredients, and whisk the dressing well until it is almost opaque, or emulsified, and pour it over the leeks.
- Serve after completely cooled.