Hi there - Are you (or someone you know) struggling with itchy skin? If so, our new ebook will come in handy, check it out!
How to make raw leeks in salad? So simple! This leek salad, also called “poireaux vinaigrette” in an easy and classic french side dish. It tastes really good and is a healthy vegetarian salad. Although not as famous as onions and garlic, leeks are important vegetables for fighting against chronic low-level inflammatory states. A good source of dietary fiber, leeks also contain good amounts of folic acid, calcium, potassium, iron, vitamin K, A and C. They are easier to digest than standard onions and have laxative, antiseptic, diuretic, and anti-arthritic properties.
- Preparation: 15 min
- Cooking: 15 min
- Servings: 3
Raw leeks in salad: ingredients
- 3 medium leeks
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Raw leeks in salad: directions
- Clean the leeks; wash them very thoroughly under cold running water. If they are large, do split them lengthwise.
- Cut them in thin pieces and cook them the a steamer for about 15 minutes. You shouldn’t cook the leeks into the water. It dilutes their flavor and are then soaked in liquid. It is much better to use a steamer or a pressure cooker.
- Drain them well.
- Make your vinaigrette in a bowl with the remaining ingredients, and whisk the dressing well until it is almost opaque, or emulsified, and pour it over the leeks.
- Serve after completely cooled.