This zucchini carpaccio recipe is one of my favorite summer-time dishes. It is fresh, delicious, low in calories (zucchini provides only 17 calories per 100 g), and super healthy. Zucchini is rich in beta carotene, folic acid, vitamins C, A, and E, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphate, and zinc. Great nutrients for skin 🙂
- Preparation: 15 minutes
- Servings: 2
Ingredients to make this zucchini carpaccio
- 1 medium zucchini
- A few fresh basil leaves, chopped
- Optional: pine nuts or sunflower seeds, toasted
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Slice zucchini into very thin rounds. Keep zucchini skin, don’t peel it. Like most fruits and vegetables, to get the most nutrients out of zucchini, you want to eat it with the skin on when possible.
- Add dressing. If time allows, let zucchini sit in dressing for at least one hour.
Just before serving:
- Garnish with basil leaves. If you want to add pine nuts or sunflower seeds, put the nuts in a dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once the nuts start to brown remove them immediately from the skillet or they will become dark and burn very quickly. Add them on top of zucchini carpaccio just before serving.