This zucchini summer soup is delicious in hot days. Zucchini is also a good source of vitamins A and C, which will nourish your skin as well as being a refreshing summer entree. Enjoy this recipe!
- Preparation: 30 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- Servings: 4
Ingredients to make this zucchini summer soup recipe
- 700 g zucchini (diced, not pealed) – organic if possible
- 3 onions (minced)
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 vegetable broth
- 9 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh coriander, mint & chives
- Salt & Pepper
- Dissolve vegetable broth in 3/4L of hot water.
- In a medium-sized cooking pot, add 2 tbsp of olive oil; add onion and saute until translucent. Add diced zucchini, salt and pepper.
- Add broth to the onion and zucchini mixture and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice with the egg yolks and the rest of olive oil.
- When the soup is cooked, puree in food processor or blender and add the egg mixture without stopping mixing.
- Adjust seasonings to taste, cover with food wrap and let it chill in the fridge for several hours.
- Serve the zucchini summer soup chilled and garnished with mint, coriander, and chives.
- It is best to prepare the zucchini summer soup the day before.