Read this before you start this recipe »
- Always educate yourself about properties and contraindications of essential oils you are going to use.
- Be sure you are not allergic to any ingredient before applying it on your body. First apply a dab on your wrist for example, and wait 24 hours to see if any irritation occurs.
- Make sure you buy the pure base ingredients and choose ingredients that have the most beneficial nutrients.
- Always dilute an essential oil in a base oil unless you are sure it is safe to use it neat.
- If you can afford, spend a little more on high quality and organic oils. This will insure no unnecessary chemicals are applied to your skin.
This natural cocoa butter lip balm recipe helps prevent dry, chapped, cracked lips. It is very easy to make as it only contains 3 ingredients!
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: 1 min
About the ingredients used for this cocoa butter lip balm recipe:
- Beeswax: when applied to the skin, beeswax forms a protective barrier from environmental assaults and it helps hold in moisture and reduce dryness. This is one of the reasons beeswax is often used in lip balms.
- Cocoa butter: cocoa butter is high in fatty acids and hydrates the skin deeply.
- Both jojoba and almond oil are great carrier oils that can effectively act as skin moisturizer.
How to make this cocoa butter lip balm recipe?
- Melt beeswax, cocoa butter and oil together in bain-marie.
- You can add flavoring and coloring if desired: a little bit of cocoa powder or concentrated beet juice.
- When the mix is liquid, quickly pour into small containers and let set.