- Always educate yourself about properties and contraindications of essential oils you are going to use.
- Be sure you are not allergic to any ingredient before applying it on your body. First apply a dab on your wrist for example, and wait 24 hours to see if any irritation occurs.
- Make sure you buy the pure base ingredients and choose ingredients that have the most beneficial nutrients.
- Always dilute an essential oil in a base oil unless you are sure it is safe to use it neat.
- If you can afford, spend a little more on high quality and organic oils. This will insure no unnecessary chemicals are applied to your skin.
Looking for a way to eliminate dandruff? This anti-dandruff scalp tonic calms, soothes faster, and helps control the overgrowth of bacteria on scalp.
- Preparation: 5 minutes
- Cooking: n/a
Ingredients to make this anti-dandruff scalp tonic recipe
- Tea Trea essential oil (4 drops)
- Lemon essential oil (4 drops)
- Lavender essential oil (6 drops)
- + 300 ml distilled water
- + 10 ml cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries for a variety of uses. It is a great anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial aid; it’s a perfect remedy to treat the excess bacteria and yeast-like fungus that make dandruff reoccur. Since apple cider vinegar doesn’t contain harsh chemicals and specifically targets the cause of dandruff, many people find quick and effective relief using Apple Cider Vinegar in their daily hygiene.
The other essential oils used in this anti-dandruff recipe works much like apple cider vinegar does, and helps to reduce or even eliminate the bacteria and fungus that makes dandruff so severe.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a glass bottle.
- Apply on your scalp (ideally wet hair for better absorption), massage and keep it on at least 15 minutes before washing your hair.
- Shake well before using.