If you are looking for a healthy and easy-to-prepare lunch, this quinoa wrap is the way to go. Quinoa is gluten-free, with a low sodium and high fiber content. It is also rich in protein and is a good source of vitamin E, B, manganese, magnesium, iron, copper and phosphorous. Avocado has a high content of essential fatty acids, which is essential for skin nutrition. I usually cook a batch of quinoa (2 to 3 cups) and use it in salads, wraps and warm dishes. Enjoy this recipe and feel free to leave a comment!
- Preparation: 10 min
- Cooking: 20 min
- 10 inch brow rice tortilla
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, at room temperature
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh alfalfa sprouts
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup Lettuce chopped
- Sea salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
- Cook quinoa.
Rince it first. Ideally cook quinoa in broth in a rice cooker. The ratio is 1 cup quinoa for 2 cups water (or broth). If you don’t have a rice cooker, cook it in a sauce pan and wait until it fluffs up, about 15-20 minutes.
- Let it cool down and mix one cup of quinoa with avocado, olive oil and nutritional yeast.
- Place filling in strip along center of the wrap.
- Add alfalfa sprouts, parsley, lettuce, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Fold bottom end up and fold over both ends.