If you love fish, this Latin American dish is a must for you. This ceviche recipe contains top anti-inflammatory foods, such as fish, olive oil and garlic. Oily fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to help reduce inflammation. The anti-inflammatory strength of olive oil rests on its polyphenols. Research has documented a wide variety of anti-inflammatory mechanisms used by olive oil polyphenols to lower our risk of inflammatory problems. As for garlic, the combination of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative stress compounds in garlic makes it a unique food for cardiovascular support, especially in terms of chronic degenerative cardiovascular conditions like atherosclerosis.
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: n/a
- Servings: 4
Ingredients you need for this ceviche recipe
- 500 g fresh fish fillet (halibut or any firm white fish fillet) cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- 3 lemons and 3 limes (fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- Chop fish fillets into chunks
- Add juice and let marinate fish in the juice in a covered container in the refrigerator for at least 10 to 20 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil and salt.
- Mix all ingredients and add the cilantro.
- Let sit for several hours in the fridge
- Arrange the ceviche in individual bowls and serve chilled. Optional: you can add slices of avocado on top