- Always educate yourself about properties and contraindications of essential oils you are going to use.
- Be sure you are not allergic to any ingredient before applying it on your body. First apply a dab on your wrist for example, and wait 24 hours to see if any irritation occurs.
- Make sure you buy the pure base ingredients and choose ingredients that have the most beneficial nutrients.
- Always dilute an essential oil in a base oil unless you are sure it is safe to use it neat.
- If you can afford, spend a little more on high quality and organic oils. This will insure no unnecessary chemicals are applied to your skin.
This lotion for hair loss is made with lavender, rosemary and ginger essential oils. The exact cause of hair loss is not fully understood, but it’s usually related to one or more of the following factors, such as family history (heredity), hormonal changes, medical conditions or medications.
A study by a group of dermatologists in Scotland showed that 44 percent of alopecia patients who were tested experienced new hair growth when they massaged their scalp daily with lavender and other essential oils for seven months. Hopefully this lotion will help you with excessive hair loss!
- Preparation: 5 min
- Cooking: c/a
Ingredients to make this lotion for hair loss
Essential oils can be very effective for hair growth. Most of them contain antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidant properties that can help with hair loss. Rosemary essential oil is re-known for stimulating the scalp (check out this post about rosemary oil for hair loss)
Here are the essential oils you need for this recipe:
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops of ginger essential oil
- 15ml almond oil
Note about lavender essential oil for hair loss:
In some cases, hair loss is heavily associated with psychological states such as stress, depression, and anxiety. If your hair loss problem is indeed caused by the aforementioned conditions, this essential oil can be an effective relief.
You can consider this an indirect benefit of lavender oil for hair. Lavender oil also helps to regulate blood circulation in the body including scalp thus it generally also promotes healthy hair growth.
Peppermint essential oil can also help with hair loss. You may replace one of the essential oils above by peppermint oil if you want to.
- Blend the essential oils with almond oil.
- Put in a glass dropper bottle.
- Use the dropper to apply the mixture on scalp and gently massage your scalp for a couple of minutes.
- Wash your hair.
Use it before shampooing!