Are you looking for a cream that soothes skin inflammation and irritation? Give a try to this DIY beeswax cream for eczema and psoriasis!
Researchers reported that a natural combination of honey, olive oil, and beeswax can provide significant benefit to people suffering from eczema or psoriasis (see the link to the study in the source box at the end of this page). This is why I based my recipe on these 3 ingredients.
Also, research suggests that a honey mixture combined with neem oil may decrease the need for corticosteroids… Here we go! Let’s add a few drops of neem oil to the mix!
This beeswax cream for eczema and psoriasis is not a cure – unfortunately. But it definitely helps soothe the symptoms of irritation, dryness, itchiness and inflammation.
It works well for me (I have psoriasis) and I got good feedback from other people too.
Ready to make this anti-inflammatory cream?
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Olive oil (3 tablespoons)
- Coconut oil (2 tablespoons) – Coconut oil is one of the best moisturizers for psoriasis!
- Manuka Honey (1/2 teaspoon) – Read this post where I explain why I use Manuka honey instead of regular honey.
- Geranium essential oil (6 drops) – other options: rosemary, lavender or tea tree. If you suffer from allergic contact dermatitis, you should try this recipe without essential oils first – Read this article about Linalool allergy.
A note about beeswax for eczema and psoriasis:
Beeswax has several healing qualities that can reduce the symptoms of eczema and psoriasis:
- Beeswax provides a barrier against toxins from your environment and keeps your skin healthy.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties and soothes skin irritation.
- Beeswax contains vitamin A that helps heal damaged skin.
- It also brings lubricating moisture to keep the skin smooth and soft.
A note about neem oil:
Neem oil is a very complex natural oil that contains over 140 active ingredients. It can be very beneficial for psoriasis and eczema, so I recommend that you put a few drops of this oil in the recipe.
It softens and moistens dry cracked skin, helps soothe the redness and irritation directly, through the steroid like effect of some of its ingredients.
Neem oil generally enhances skin health and the natural immunity of your skin, which is one of the biggest factors in psoriasis.
Also, Neem oil is strongly antibacterial, and when used regularly it can help prevent skin infections that may aggravate or bring back psoriasis and eczema symptoms.
How to make this beeswax cream for eczema and psoriasis?
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm beeswax and coconut oil. Stir well until beeswax has melted.
- Add olive oil and honey. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and allow the mix to cool. Keep on stirring until the mixture begins to thicken. It should be soft.
- Add the essential oils and mix.
- Put the lotion in storage container. Allow the lotion to cool for about 30 minutes before putting the lid on.
- You don’t need to keep it in the fridge unless you want to keep it for more than 1 month.
Here’s the result you should get:
Now it’s your turn to give it a try! Don’t hesitate to send me your suggestions! Also check out my post What Works Best for Psoriasis. You’ll learn how I deal with psoriasis on a daily basis and the natural treatments that work for me.